Monday, December 29, 2014

79th blog Hello Ffffaaaaaa-fffaaaaaa-mmmmmm-iiiiii-lllllleeeeeee

Ffffaaaaaa-fffaaaaaa-mmmmmm-iiiiii-lllllleeeeeee.

Stats time: now that Hermana Cook has taken over the role of Mission Nurse and I am a consulting nurse and translator. Therefore, my time as nurse is coming to close... of course it is my calling until I leave here the 19th, but I'm training to retire :). Sooooo, I have taken a rough count of how many nursing calls I received in 18 months..... 1,500. HOLY SMOKES! That's a lot of sick missionaries. 

Speaking of sick missionaries. I do not understand what is going on in the mission. The weirdest things are happening and we're sending a ton of missionaries to the clinic. Gallbladder removal, Christmas day ankle injury, etc. We were doing so good for a while and then boom! it all came a crashing down. I'll blame it on the month of December.


This is necessary. Nurse News Flash: we have broken the head of a femur here in Chile Santiago Este. I wouldn't be surprised to say it's a first. How do you do it? You jump down 3 stairs in your house onto a freshly mopped floor (unknowlingly). How to fix it? Surgery to make sure you don't cut off too much blood supply to your leg and lose it... and lots of time in the hospital and the mission home. What really stinks? It's his last 6 weeks in the mission. How to prevent it? Stay on your 2 feet at all times and all places. =) Good job Elder, you've made history. SMH. Hahahaha. He's doing just fine. Reading lots of scriptures and sleeping a ton.

December 2014: record month for craziness in my entire mission. We've had sooo many meetings, activities, and uuggghh never a dull moment. However, I truly loved this month, even though it was difficult to schedule everything. Christmas was great! It actually felt like Christmas this year. December was amazing!

Family!!! We got to see each other even if it was in the bathroom! Guess what... Few weeks more and it will be even better. I loved talking to you all, laughing together, and getting made fun of. Thanks. Love you all too. :) But we didn't take any pictures! :(

The best ward idea ever: give 4 families Christmas Eve dinner with the ward's funds. I wish I could have been there to see their faces. Man, do I love service. Thanks Mom for inbreding that Godly principle in my life. I hope you all were able to serve someone this Christmas. That's what makes the day His day. Now may we all do it throughout the year.

Sooo, it was my last summer Christmas. It's so funny to me that the Chileans think it is terrible to have snow or for it to be cold at Christmas time. They like to go to the beach, have BBQs Christmas Eve for their Christmas dinner, stay up until midnight (of Christmas Eve) to open gifts, etc. Really they celebrate Christmas the night of the 24th and don't even wait cor the 25th to arrive. Haha. The traditions here are very different than at home. I can't imagine living in a place with summery Christmas and they can't imagine it in winter. Haha.

Christmas Eve we ate with the Familia Muñoz. Pizza. :) What a funny Christmas dinner, but it was good. Then we watched and talked about El es la Dádiva. We talked about how the invitation and message of the video is to "discover" and "accept" the gift, Christ. We had just been reading in our studies in the morning of how powerful our prayers can be. I know our Heavenly Father wants to hear from us; He loves us. He wants us to have what He has and know what He knows. So He gives us the opportunity to talk with Him; at times, we really talk to Him and others we just sound like a person ordering pizza. If we want to learn spiritual truths and enjoy the Spirit more in our lives, prayer is essential. 

Late Christmas Eve (12am) we opened up some of the gifts. That's how the Chileans do it, so when in Chile... I was able to hand out the gifts from Patti Riggs to the 4 other Hermanas here in the house. They absolutely loved them and immediately started eating the candy. I think I heard: "I love Patti.", "Patti is my new best friend." and "THANKYOU Patti." at least 10 times. Haha. They loved the American candy! Thankyou so much!!! :) After we opened some gifts, we read The Living Christ together and talked about the meaning of Christmas. It was a wonderful moment together. Then we went to bed. Haha. Only to wake up in the morning, shower, study, stuff our faces with Hermana Grannis and Hermana Williams, and Skype with you guys. Then we went out to work in the evening and taught some great people. And that was Christmas! :)

Just for giggles: we contacted a sweet young lady last week who has some mental challenges, but is the happiest being I've ever seen. She talked about her friends and how happy she is almost the entire time. Then it came to explaining who we were. So we said, "Nosotras somos Mormonas." (we are Mormons) and she totally heard and understood, "Nosotras somos monjas." (we are nuns). Hahaha. It was quite a funny moment when we realized she thought we were nuns. :) 

Sick. Sick. Sick. I have been SICK! It's hanging on for dead life; I am too. No voice for days. Fevers. Strep throat. Sinus infection. Etc. I think I'm sicker than when I had Swine Flu. I started on antibiotics, received the most precious Priesthood Blessing ever from Elder Mamani and Elder Vasquez, and slowed down to rest a little. I'm glad I've got more time to heal and am not coming home today. That would be miserable! Blessings of extending. :)

I've had a lot of time to think recently about school and what I'm gonna do. But wait for it... I still haven't decided. :) I have been quite bent on not going back and thinking 'for what?'. Until, our "How to Go Home and be Independent workshop"... I came up with this... Why be content with the education that you have?! You're young. You could work full time and school part time. Or work part time and school part time. You don't have to go into debt for it. Go for it. You'll use that knowledge for the rest of your life. Always continue learning. You can do online classes if needed.... Soooo... I'm more open to the idea now. Still haven't made the decision yet, but at least I've come to the conclusion that it's a reasonable idea.

Luke 2:8-18. I noticed something this week as I was studying about the birth of the Savior. Read the scriptures. Focus on the shepherds.


8 And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.

9 And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid.

10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.

11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.

12 And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.

13 And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying,

14 Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.

15 And it came to pass, as the angels were gone away from them into heaven, the shepherds said one to another, Let us now go even unto Bethlehem, and see this thing which is come to pass, which the Lord hath made known unto us.

16 And they came with haste, and found Mary, and Joseph, and the babe lying in a manger.

17 And when they had seen it, they made known abroad the saying which was told them concerning this child.

18 And all they that heard it wondered at those things which were told them by the shepherds.

The shepherds heard the angel, believed him, decided to act upon his words (unknowing the results), went and saw the baby Jesus, felt it was something to share, and went out and shared it. And because of all of that, they affected the lives of many others. I'd never seen before that they were shepherd missionaries! How cool is that!

Love you all! Go out and be missionaries! Make known abroad the saying which was told...concerning this (Christ) child!


HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!! Make some goals for 2015. Write them down. =)

Love love love.
Brooklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment