Tuesday, July 2, 2013

2nd P-Day Tuesday July 02, 2013

July 02, 2013 2nd P-Day
Hermana Talbot
CCM
1423 Pedro De Valdiva
Providencia, Santiago
Chile
NO PACKAGES!!! Just letters.

Momma,

I am doing well. No longer sick. My body has gotten over the immunization shock. One of my companions however has been puking and pooping this afternoon. Poor thing. I turn 100% nurse when that happens. :(
Chile is cold. A lot colder than I thought it would be. There are some days and nights that are just WOW I need a heavy coat, but other than those few nights I am just fine with the jackets I have. It´s a different cold here too. I don´t know how to explain it, but it is. They also don´t heat their buildings, so sitting all day in a classroom with no heat and in a skirt is REALLY cold.
(Brooklyn's mission call has changed to the Santiago East Mission. This means she will be relocating)
I feel okay about the mission call now, by the time that evening came, my companion (Sister Leavitt) gave me a scripture in D&C that says something about "it mattereth not if you go to the north, or south, or east, or west, you shall not fail"... If the east is where I am needed then that's where I will go. If my original mission call had been to Santiago East I would have accepted that call without hesitation. Also, I saw President Cook the other day, he and his wife. He said he was so sorry I was not going to be in his mission because he had told you he was going to take care of me. :( The new mission president is "President Wright". Fate... I say... fate... :) (Brooklyn's grandmother's maiden name is Wright)
We took a test this week on Christ-like attributes... guess what my worst attribute was? ohh you're right. Patience. I am working on it.
The spirit of God is strong here. I know this is where I need to be. I can feel of His love when I am teaching His gospel to others. I can feel the intensity of the words as I bear what I know to be true. He is my rock and my guide. He will take care of me.

Love you dearly.
P.S. I didn't have time to write to anyone else. Please give them my love. I did receive all of their messages and will try to respond next week.

Happy Hermana Talbot

This looks like trouble to me (wink)

brrrr Brooklyn says she is cold





No comments:

Post a Comment