Thursday, August 8, 2013

7th "B-Day" August, 8th 2013 BETTER LATE THAN NEVER!

7th "B-Day" August, 8th 2013
in the life for Hermana Talbot
BETTER LATE THAN NEVER!

So let me preface this post with..... Hermana Talbot was a very very bad (busy) girl this week... Her e-mail did not come through until today!! 2 days late!!!!

Maybe she was afraid to respond to me after this last e-mail I sent her:

I AM CANCELING YOUR DEBIT CARD... WHAT ARE YOU DOING OVER THERE??? DO YOU KNOW YOU SPENT $20.00 IN THE MONTH OF JULY???? AT THIS RATE YOU WILL BE BROKE BEFORE YOUR MISSION ENDS IN 2015. SERIOUSLY GIRL....and I AM CONCERNED YOU HAVE AN ADDICTION TO MCDONALDS AS WELL!!! HAVEN'T I TAUGHT YOU BETTER THAN THAT???
BRANDON AND I ARE PREPARED TO ADMIT YOU TO A 12 STEP PROGRAM IF WE SEE YOU HAVE INDULGED AGAIN IN ROTTEN RONNY'S!!!

But thank-goodness I got an e-mail from her today here is a tidbit for you all to read:

Oh as for the McDonalds addiction!??!? Um... I bought ice cream lol. No food.

Well first, my Spanish is hilarious. They laugh at me all the time. I can get somewhat around and am becoming more bold. I laugh at myself all the time when I say stuff wrong. For example, one of our teachers fake investigators name is Benito. I might have said to him on our first meeting "oh you're Bonito right?". That totally means handsome. I didn't do it on purpose, my tongue just got all twisted up! HAHAHA

So I am out of the CCM this coming week. Out into the real world, to start my new responsibilities.  The past two days, I spent with the nurse who I switched missions with. Hermana Martinez from Argentina. I love that girl like a sister. (hence the no email until today... as I tell everyone here in the CCM the rules are different for me and everyday my schedule is something different hahaha). Anyway, so I spent some time with her in her mission area. Learning what she does and what kind of things she's seeing on a daily basis. Visiting some Elders, phone calls, charting, etc. It was a dose of real life.

I have also become more grateful for the things I have than ever before. Santiago South mission (where I went with Hermana Martinez) is the poorest mission area in Chile. There are so many who have nothing. Even some of the Elders. Nothing! Nada. Oh what a selfish person I am. Most of the people here just can't even imagine what I have or what I left. I hope I learn to be more giving.

I am well. Trusting in my Heavenly Father. Learning patience, faith, hope, prayer, nursing, Spanish, and so much more. There is a smile on my face.

Please tell everyone back there I say hello. FaceBook friends, co-workers, people at Husson, people at school, etc. HEY GUYS! =) BEHAVE YOURSELVES.

P.S. Sorry to those I couldn't write back. I did read every email I received.

I love you all A TON! Miss you all A TON!!

No comments:

Post a Comment