Tuesday, December 3, 2013

24th B-Day "One Week Closer to the 6 Month Mark!"

24th B-Day and....
One Week Closer to the 6 Month Mark!!!

Hey

I think today is my laziest day ever. I just sat all morning and did nothing. Literally nothing. Didn't sleep. Didn't eat. Didn't talk. Didn't read. Nothing. I didn't sleep well last night because it was really hot on the top bunk, sooo I put my blanket and pillows on the floor and slept for about 2 hours with the fan on my face. Good thing it's P-day and I can sleep later today. =)

This week's photos... 


me eating banana bread


mmmm M&M's


 my wall currently with all of your faces!

me holding a sewing needle that I used in a surgery with Hermana Rivera's ear [yes she was as scared as she looks as she's buried herself in my shoulder]It's Hermana Rivera's last week before she goes home and I get a new companion! I'm freaking out just a little bit. 

 bird pooped on me


Okay, so the bird that pooped on me. We were just walkin' down the street. Talking. Walking. Then I felt something wet on my head and arm.... I just looked at Hermana Rivera. Needless to say I had poop on my WHITE SHIRT for the whole afternoon... 2 spots on front... on my nametag... on my back... on my backpack... GROSS!!!

I drank "cherimoya juice" this week  
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cherimoya It was delicious. Honestly do not know what it is in English or if it exists there at home, but it was good none-the-less.

Our investigators are doing well. Our recent convert, Elvira, is moving back to Paraguay with her family. We will miss them A LOT, but have hopes they will return. Violeta (eternal investigator) is doing well too. She has a baptismal date the 5th of January because she will not get baptized in 2013 because she has a superstition with the #13. 


We talked about Christmas yesterday in Relief Society and what gifts we can give this month to remember our Savior and what gifts we can give him. There was a list of some really good ideas. (1) the gift of time, (2) the gift of being a good example, (3) the gift of acceptance, (4) the gift of seeing the best in people, (5) the gift of quitting a bad habit, (6) the gift of privacy, (7) the gift of teaching, (8) the gift of listening, (9) the gift of being grateful, (10) the gift of forgiveness, (11) the gift of letting others give to you.

I challenge each one of you to pick at least one gift to give to the Savior for the celebration of His birthday this month. I know it will make this month a brighter, happier month if you do so.

I found these wonderful quotes this week in my reading and thought they were absolutely profound.

"Dare to be a Mormon.
Dare to stand alone.
Dare to have a purpose firm.
Dare to make it known."

"The sun never sets on righteous missionaries testifying of the Savior."

"When the time for decision arrives, the time for preparation is past."

Have a wonderful week. Ponder about life a little this week. Are you doing all you can to build the kingdom of God and your own testimony of Him? Can you be doing more to prepare yourself for that day when you will see your Savior face to face?

I love you all!!! A LOT.

No comments:

Post a Comment