Monday, December 9, 2013

25th B-Day "Christmas in Santiago, Chile" ¿¿¡¡What up y'all!!??

25th B-Day "Christmas in Santiago, Chile"


¿¿¡¡What up y'all!!??


I cannot believe that by this time next week I will have a new companion. I am scared half to death, but know that it's coming so I can at least prepare myself for it. I do not know if I will be training someone new or not... I guess we will see. We packed Hermana Rivera's stuff up this morning and were weighing her bags and such. It was quite a process. I am so thankful for my time with her. I have learned soooo much and she was a wonderful trainer with my Spanish and teaching the gospel in lessons!!! I will miss her.


Our zone Las Condes... we are amazing. 


I GOT MY PACKAGES!!! 2 of them the same week!!! 



It was like Christmas! =) Literally. I haven't been so excited before in my life to open a present. Mom, I have been eating the peanut butter in the streets with my finger. Hey I couldn't help it!! Dad and bros, the flag is on my wall and everyone is so jealous! You all couldn't have sent me anything better than what you did!!!! 


 Me and Hermana Agle. =) 





I think when I get home I am going to look into Nurses/Doctors Without Boarders. Yaaaa. This girl's gonna do some work in Africa.


I miss the rain!!!!! I realized yesterday that I miss rain! I want it to rain so badly here so I can just get soaked! But I hear in the winter that it rains all of the time. =)


Funny slash terrible story. So last night around 1130pm I am laying in my bed. (Side note: we all know I have problems with sleeping....sooo... my bed is on the floor because I have found I sleep better on the floor because it's not as hot.) .... so laying in bed going to sleep and I hear Hermana Jennings just screaming... screaming... screaming my name HERMANA TALBOT and she's freaking out... then I hear laughing, so I figure everything is fine and I can just sleep... WRONG. The screaming continues... so I get out of my bed and the first thing my feet feel is water... lots of water... I run out of our room to the bathroom and one of the pipes burst under our sink... there is water EVERYWHERE... it's just spraying out of the bottom of the sink. And what are the rest of the Hermana's doing... they're videoing it and running around in a panic. (I just shook my head.) They're like "what do we do? what do we do?"... um, you turn the water off to the sink???!!! Hahahahahaha. So I turn the water off to the sink... then start telling them that we have to get towels to get the water off of our wood floor... oh my goodness it was craziness. THEN the conserje comes up to the apartment because Hermana Jennings called him and he comes and turns the water off to the entire apartment. Needless to say, I was like WHAT?!?!. We needed the washer, showers, toilets, etc. So I just went to bed... made them turn the water back on this morning... and we are waiting for them to come fix the hose under our sink (hopefully today)... Ya it was HORRIBLE. My bed and sheets and everything were so wet. *Memories of being the Mom, Plumber, Maid, etc. =)*

The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company, a church, and a home.

The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past....we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one thing we have, and that is our attitude....I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it. *I am working on this*


The 4 most un-used but most important phrases in the world: I'm sorry. Forgive me. Thank-you. I love you. USE THEM!!


I love you all so much. I will see you soon! It's almost my 6th month mark. 

Stop counting down (family).

LOVE LOVE LOVE

No comments:

Post a Comment