Monday, December 16, 2013

26th B-Day 3 days shy of the 6 month mark....

26th B-Day 3 days shy of the 6 month mark....
A new companion for Hermana Talbot

Hey family.


I love you. I miss you. I will get to talk to you all soon!!


So I think this past week was one of the longest of my life. I am not 100% sure why, but I think part of it was all of the changes that I knew were going to happen with Hermana Rivera leaving to go home to Honduras and such. So we went to her Despedida on Sunday night for people to come say goodbye to her and take pictures.... then after she went to go sleep at President Wright's house because her plane left at 6AM this morning. It was sad to see her go, but I am ready to get working to start changing and learning from my new companion Hermana Diaz from Argentina. 



We had a little bit of a Christmas together before Hermana Rivera left this past week. And it was a good thing we did it because Hermana Jennings and Hermana Runnells also left. So in our ward is me, my companion Hermana Diaz (previously in the ward but in a different sector), Hermana Leishman, and Hermana Leishman is going to get a new Hermana straight from the MTC. =) 






So this weekend in Chile there was a concert at the Santiago Temple. I guess it is a yearly tradition and it's amazingly wonderful. There is A LOT of work that goes into it. The music and dancing is very well done. Elder David Archuleta sang this year and I have some videos for Tiffany (haha). It was a wonderful experience for us as we brought someone who is less active in the church and his fiance who we are teaching right now. I hope they were able to feel of the spirit as we were there. 




I was thinking this week about Christmas and the real meaning of this celebration that we all have. I got wondering what would happen if everyone stopped giving gifts to eachother... would we remember our Savior a little bit more... I loved the invitation of the 1st Presidency of the Church in this December's Liahona... for every member to gift a Book of Mormon with their testimony written on the inside to one person before Christmas. I hope we all took them up on this invitation and have done it... if not... go do it! The missionaries always have copies of the Book of Mormon!


I can't wait to talk to you all on Christmas Day or Eve. It is going to be slightly weird to see you all again and to talk. I am hoping I don't have an accent!!! Don't make fun of me too badly.

LOVE LOVE LOVE

No comments:

Post a Comment