Monday, September 9, 2013

12th B-Day September 9, 2013

12th B-Day September 9, 2013
Had a time change so emailing was messed up

(1) The drink of Chile is called Mote con Huesillo. It's actually pretty good. It's like... I don't even know what it is. Google it. But there's whole or half of peaches in it usually. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mote_con_huesillo
(2) I bought spaghettios this week. (ewww) but it was a little bit of home.
(3) There are trees here in the streets that grow oranges. And people just eat them. Like the trees in the streets. Say what?
(4) ° means ST or ND... like 1st, 2nd, 3rd... is 1° 2° 3° =)
(5) I might have hailed a taxi the other night by running into the street with my hands out like a bird. We needed to cross the street to start going in the right direction and the other Hermanas just weren't taking the initiative. So I saw a taxi coming and I booked it across 4 lanes of traffic. Mind you there was no one coming, but they do drive about 60 mph here in the main streets. The other Hermanas just laughed and laughed at me. Ooopps. So pretty much the impression of the missionaries for that taxi driver is that we're all crazy and run out into the streets when we want a ride. =)
(6) When it rains they put sawdust on the floors of the stores. It's quite messy let me tell you. I have no idea why they don't just have rugs, but they don't.
(7) We had a time change Saturday night so I am now 1 hour ahead of you Mom.

I think that's it. I am learning tons. Everyday. About myself. Other people. The gospel. etc. It's amazing how much you realize you don't know or are lacking when you move to a different country with a different language and culture. I love it here.

LOVE LOVE LOVE


Silly girl... who ya firing at??
In every park there is exercise equipment

No comments:

Post a Comment