Monday, September 30, 2013

15th B-Day another day in the life of Hermana Talbot

15th B-Day 

yet another day in the life of Hermana Talbot



Hey everyone.

I am doing well. Busy with the work. Starting to think more about my calling as the nurse... I cannot wait to start it, but I am sure there's gonna be some huge challenges that come my way. Pray for me and my Spanish!
Oh so everyone shows me their medical issues. Like the members. We're not talking about the missionaries... the members. I have seen bulging stomachs, butts, and pretty much everything else. Hahaha. I just sometimes look at them and think, yup it's not like I can do anything about that right now. Usually it's showing me bruises or lumps or weird stuff. It makes me laugh so hard, especially because my companion is very private and hates medical stuff. BAHAHAHAHA. Too bad she has to see all of this stuff too. =)
We had a Chile wide conference for all of us medical people... all of the Presidents' wives and the nurses with Doctor Mikesell... It was wonderful... the only problem was this... I translated the entire time for Hermana Martinez (the Hermana that I switched missions with in the CCM)... so I will get the notes from Hna Mikesell and Hna Wright so I can actually soak in the information. I tell you what... this translating business is DIFFICULT. Half of the words we use in English you can't translate into Spanish and visa versa. Anyway, we got through. All was well. 

We might have tried to contact a Nun in the street the other day. Needless to say she crossed the street before we got 5 yards from her. You would be shocked to know how many people shake their fingers at us as we walk past. We just say "Have a good day!". I need to start saying something like "enjoy the sunshine that God has given us!". Hahaha. 


I see miracles everyday on this mission. Sometimes they are very subtle, but they are still there. I know this is the work of the Lord. There is no way 18-22 year olds could "convince" people to join a church. We just have to get them to listen with an open mind and heart first. Their answer doesn't come from our words, but from the feelings they have in their hearts. I know the only way we all can know this is through prayer and reading the Book of Mormon. I love being here. I love these people. I can't wait to come home and continue to be a missionary. =)


LOVE LOVE LOVE.


P.S. I am starting to forget how to spell in English. Seriously a problem being that I always prided myself in spelling and grammar. Sometimes when we speak in English, we'll change into Spanish mid sentence, or say something that directly translates that makes no sense in English. I hope you are all ready for terrible English when I get home. =)

(1) Stray dog in the middle of the street. Just sleepin... no big deal. Not even caring who was walking by or buying food at the stand he is sleeping next to.
(2) the motorcycle with Dominos on the side... yup that's how they deliver pizza. =)



(3) HUGE CACTUS!!! Gigantic.


(4) Hermana Leishman, Hermana Jennings, and me at the Centro Artesanal Los Dominicos. Look it up online. Quite an amazing story. I bought something special for you there today Mom. I am sure you will see it come through on my card hahahahaa. 



Here is a photo of a few of the zones in Chile in our mission. With Elder Zeballos and his wife. Also with President Wright and his wife. 








No comments:

Post a Comment