Monday, February 3, 2014

32nd B-Day of Hermana Talbot enjoying the summer fruit of the season!!

32nd B-Day of Hermana Talbot enjoying the summer fruit of the Chilean season!!

All of the fruit (just the fruit) we got from Hermana Pareja


Hey Family,


All is well here. We are trying to work hard. To find people to teach. To find people who will progress and will want to continue to listen to us after 1 conversation. We have a wonderful investigator right now named Graciella from Spain. She is living here for work so that she can send money back to her family in Spain. She is absolutely wonderful with a Spaniard accent and everything. =) We are so excited to teach her. We left her with a Book of Mormon last week and in 5 days she read over 100 pages. YA GRACIELLA! She came to church this Sunday and said it was long. Haha. I told her sometimes for me it seems like (shhh don't tell anyone), but when I actually am there to listen, learn, and improve myself... that's when I find enjoyment in being there every Sunday for 3 hours. I tell you what, though, she has some of the best questions I have ever heard before in my life. She makes me think about what I believe... she makes me study deep doctrine to find the answers to her questions. I absolutely love it.


Some of the questions Graciella has are this: (think about them)
1. If the Holy Spirit does not have a body, how can he be saved? (we know a part of our salvation is to come to earth, to be tried and tested, prove worthy to come back to the presence of God... salvation.)
2. Where are the 3 degrees of glory?
3. Does Satan and his followers have anything to do with the mental illnesses that people have?
4. Why the 10 tribes of Israel are important?
AND LOTS MORE....


That was the first miracle (finding someone to teach who wants to learn).


The second miracle was about 3 days long. We had a Sister in the Ward (Hermana Pareja) drop off a whole grocery store. Literally. Her trunk was full 3xs with food, toothpaste, drinks, etc. It was literally a miracle, as it is the end of the month and usually we do not have a lot of $ to spend. We have been eating so much fruit... I am so happy. She even dropped off cereal, guys. CEREAL! Miracle #2.


The third miracle.... I GOT MY PACKAGE ROSE.... AND 3 LETTERS! From Dad, Mom, and Beth. =) Thank-you so much you guys!!! I smiled all day Tuesday. I am hoping for more this week. =) Tomorrow! 3rd miracle.


Fourth. We realized this week, Hermana Diaz and I, that we do not have tempations to do bad things like we did at home. Now that's not to say we don't feel tempted to do bad things sometimes... to be disobedient to the rules of the mission... but the temptations of the world aren't nearly as bad nor strong. It's wonderful. We decided it is because we have removed ourselves from it. We do not watch TV. We do not listen to worldly music. We read the scriptures, pray, etc all day long. We go to church, no matter what, every Sunday. We try to serve with all of our hearts and souls to help other people physically and spiritually. I never quite realized it before... but it's the truth. The temptations to do those things against the commandments of God or what we know to be wrong are a lot less when we are doing the right things. When we are focused in feeling His spirit with us 24/7. Miracle #4.


Mom, I need a banana bread recipe. I have Chileans who are asking me for it. Love you.


So this is something we found very funny (maybe a little sacreligious...I dunno)... So in testimony meeting at church this week we had a lady get up and bear her testimony... well Graciella was sitting with us and asked Hermana Diaz why we did not have any crosses or statues of Christ in the chapel. So Hermana Diaz told her it is because we focus on the fact that Christ lives not that he died. Sooo then this member Hermana Gabor (convert many years ago) gets up to bear her testimony and she says "you know I had always never understood why the church members did not wear crosses as necklaces... until one day I realized it was just the way Christ died and nothing more... then I got thinking... you know, if Christ had died in an electric chair... would I wear a chair on my chest?" Hey Hermana Gabor may be right....


Here's one last thing before pictures. "Be a true friend. This kind of enduring friendship is like asphalt that fills the potholes of life and makes the journey smoother and more pleasant." Are you a good friend? Is there someone you need to call right now?

The Hermanas from Argentina got together to eat Milanesas (fried beef) with mashed potatoes (Milanesas is an Argentinan food).

Me, Hermana Fillerup (Wyoming), and Hermana Zelaya (Honduras)
The mountains... well as much as you can see of them. The air here is disgusting
Me and Hermana Adams (Utah)
Me with my package and letters!
The 4 of us exercising in the morning to a work out DVD that Hermana Wright (Mission President's wife) made for all of us


Mom thanks so much for doing my blog every week. I can't wait to read it when I get back.


I love you all!!
MWAH

No comments:

Post a Comment